Five Year Payment Plan
The Installment Plan of Redemption (5-pay plan) is a plan that allows a taxpayer the ability to pay delinquent secured taxes in a minimum of five (5) installment payments. A new installment plan may be initiated after June 30 of the fiscal year in which the property taxes become delinquent. To start a 5 Pay Plan for delinquent taxes, you must:
- Complete the 5-Pay Plan application
- Make an initial payment of 20% or more of the delinquent amount due (total taxes which includes penalties, fees and interest) plus a set up fee of $25.00. This initial payment must in the form of a certified check, money order or cash.
- Pay all current year taxes due in addition to 20% of the delinquent taxes due on or before April 10th of each year.
Please read the plan instructions carefully and call our office at (714) 834-3411 if you have any questions on how it works.
Four Year Payment Plan
Escape bills for Unsecured taxes in excess of $500.00 may be eligible to be paid on a Four Year Payment Plan (4-pay plan). The payments are payable over a four-year period as per California Revenue and Taxation Code.
To enroll a bill on the Four Year Payment Plan, you must:
- File a written request with the Tax Collector's office prior to the due date of the bill.
- Complete the application and pay the $48.00 fee (this can be filed with the written request).
- Pay at least 20% of the taxes no later than the due date.
Call our office at (714) 834-3411 if you have any questions.